Tips for Choosing the Best School
There are a lot of schools are available for children nowadays. Each school has a different curriculum, approach, way of teaching, and values.
There is a new perspective on the right education for children. The approach to active learning, which does not emphasize just an exam, and stimulate children’s curiosity becomes more important because children need a school that develops their various potentials. One of the Best schools in Bangkok for your child is St Andrews Sukhumvit. They have a vision of teaching with an interactive approach to learning, within a stimulated, structured environment to ensure that we promote a sense of self-worth, self-esteem, and confidence to students.
As parents, we don’t know what challenges they will face later. It takes wards and schools that can establish the children into true learners who will continue to learn throughout their lives. Whatever challenges they can face later.
To find out the quality of a good school, in general, a school should:
1. Pay attention to the fundamental psychological needs of children and pay attention to the stages of child development. For example, children need to feel capable. Whether the school provides an opportunity for children to show their habits or does the school provide opportunities for children to enter competitions even though they are not performing.
2. Able to meet unique or individual needs. Schools like this usually make a difference in the way of teaching, for example, giving more difficult tasks to children who are more advanced or explain by using pictures for children who have visual learning types.
3. Able to help the achievement of long-term parental goals for each child. It means that schools must have the same values as parents. For example, if a parent wants a child to have independence, whether the school does things that can make it happen or always help the child doing everything so it does not train the child’s independence. It can be seen during visits to their school. In addition to talking with the principal, take time to talk with the teacher, students, or maybe other parents who are in the school.
4. Schools that have the same educational goals as parents. Go back to see the vision and mission of the school. Does the school aim to create children with good test scores or to form children who have learning abilities (such as analytical skills, research, problem-solving) so they can become independent learners.
Here is a list that can be seen when parents visiting the schools:
1. Classroom settings. A good class is when there is enough space for children to move, room to gather and there can be good interactions between teachers and students.
2. the face of students in the class. Pay attention to student’s faces, whether they are excited and busy working on assignments or doing activities. This can indicate whether the teacher gives activities that are interesting enough for children or not.
3. How the teacher interacts with his students. The teacher-child relationship should be warm and sincere, not controlling and commanding.
4. School environment. The school atmosphere is fun and makes people “at ease” to spend time. It has a fairly complete school library. The staff and teachers are friendly towards all visitors and students.
By paying attention to these things the mother can determine whether the school is good and right for the mother or not.